Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) advises the Governing Body on all medical and scientific matters relating to the Institute and its activities.
About the SAC
Its most important role is the assessment and selection of the annual Lister Prize Fellows, an in-depth process involving various international experts, and which allows the Lister Institute to select researchers with high potential whose career can be significantly boosted with our support.
There are currently fifteen members of the Scientific Advisory Committee providing expertise across a broad range of scientific and medical disciplines. We seek to have at least one member who is a former Fellow of the Institute in all appropriate areas.
Current members of the SAC:
The Lister Institute’s Scientific Advisory Committee is vital to ensuring that only the best researchers in the UK and Republic of Ireland are awarded one of our highly competitive research prizes.
- Professor John Iredale, BM(Hons), FMedSci, FRCP, FRSE, University of Bristol
- Dr Ian Adams, BSC, PhD, Western General Hospital
- Professor Jon Cohen, MSc, MB, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPE, FMedSci, formerly Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Professor Cyrus Cooper, OBE, MA, DM, FRCP, FFPH, FMedSci, University of Southampton
- Professor William Deakin, FMedSci, University of Manchester
- Professor Annette Dolphin, PhD, FMedSci, University College London
- Professor Margaret C Frame, PhD FRSE FMedSci, Western General Hospital
- Professor Corinne Houart, PhD, King’s College London
- Professor Nick Lemoine, MD, PhD, FRCPath, FMedSci, Queen Mary, University of London
- Professor Christoph M Tang, MBChB, PhD, FMedSci, University of Oxford
- Professor Fiona Powrie, FRS FMedSci, University of Oxford
- Professor Josef Vormoor, FRCPCH, Sir James Spence Prof of Child Health, Newcastle University
- Professor Sir Michael Owen BSc, MB ChB, PhD, FRCPsych, FMedSci, FLSW, Director of MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff University
- Professor Catherine Nobes, BSc PhD(Lond), Professor of Cell Biology and Head of School, University of Bristol
- Professor Judi Allen, BSc PhD, Professor of Immunobiology, University of Manchester