How to apply
1) A complete Application comprises Forms Part 1 – 7:
- Form Part 1 Application summary and signature page
- Form Part 2 Details of you and your research
- Form Part 3 Personal Statement on the ‘Impact’ of the Prize
- Form Part 4 Statement by Head of Department or equivalent
- Form Part 5 Potential Expert Referees
- Form Part 6 Institutional Agreement Form
- Form Part 7 (a, b & c):
- (a) A summary of the proposed research and its potential significance (maximum 500 words). This should be written in a form understandable to scientists not specialized in your particular field. Please indicate the key scientific objectives and challenges of the research and note potential medical implications.
- (b) The detailed research proposal (not more than four single-sided A4 paper). The text may be accompanied by a maximum of three additional pages of figures plus references.
- (c) A one page CV plus a full list of publications; also identify which three you feel to be the most significant and why.
If experiments on animals, for which a Home Office Licence is required, form part of the research proposal, please confirm that the relevant project licence is already available. (If not a copy must be submitted to the Institute before that work is undertaken if a Research Prize is awarded).
If supported by a Fellowship, Programme grant or other award that terminates during the first three years of the Lister award, then the application must be accompanied by a letter from the Head of Department or Finance Office guaranteeing financial or bridging support for the remainder of the first three years.
(All enclosures must be in clear text [not less than 12pt print size], with all margins not less than 3cm wide.)
2) The signed original form plus fourteen complete copies (Parts 1-7) should be sent via Royal Mail and returned by Friday 4 November 2016 to:
The Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine
PO Box 1083
HERTS, WD23 9AG
Telephone: 01923 801886
3) A copy of the Application form Parts 1-4 only, and 7 a, b and c (summary, research proposal and CV) should be e-mailed to the Institute in PDF format. Please combine these sections to form one PDF file.
4) Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged by e-mail.
5) Candidates should be aware that interviews for the short-listed candidates will take place in London on Wednesday 17 May 2017.